At the start of May, my partner and I will be moving from Australia to live in Paris for a year. We’re really excited! I’ve been trying to learn a bit more French before our move, so I’ve been using the spaced repetition app Anki to learn vocabulary.
- Ethan Mollick recently wrote an article demonstrating what you can do with AI in under a minute. He shows that you can write a product launch, plan a course syllabus, design a kitchen and do market research all in under a minute. It’s a great demonstration of what we can generate with AI tools today.
- Lately I’ve been interested in generative search - the idea of searching through a database of text items by semantic similarity and then generating new text based on the search results. I think this is a really powerful idea.
- Lately I’ve been interested in active reading techniques and how we can turn the interesting information that we read into useful knowledge.
- I’ve been experimenting with turning scanned PDFs into audiobooks using:
- I’ve been playing with Directus on and off for about a year now. It is a customisable headless CMS with a bunch of interesting features that make it exciting to me.
- This is a little round up of stuff that I worked on and enjoyed this week. I’m doing this review as a part of my habit to organise my ideas and block out my time using Notion.
- Say you’re building a web app that allows the user to upload a PDF document. The web app processes the PDF document, but it takes more than 10 seconds to complete.
- As I’ve been exploring the world of electronic music through DJ mixes, I’ve been using Resident Advisor
- For the past couple of years, I’ve been a big fan of Simon Willison, an open